Over-the-Counter Hemorrhoid Treatments
Here’s why CRH is Better
50% of the U.S population will experience symptomatic hemorrhoids by the age of 50. If you’re one of those people, chances are your first step is to find an over the counter treatment to provide some much needed relief.
Drugstore Hemorrhoid Treatments
Some of the best over the counter hemorrhoid treatment options include active ingredients to provide quick relief from your flare-up, and are generally found in the form of creams, foams, pads, wipes, or gels, applied directly to your rectal region. While these products can provide much needed relief of the immediate symptoms, they don’t do anything to resolve the underlying problem. Since hemorrhoids often don’t go away on their own, the preferred solution is to choose a definitive hemorrhoid treatment for long-term relief.
There are a few different types of over the counter hemorrhoid treatments, but they generally fall into the following categories:
- Protectants – medicated pads, mineral oil, glycerin, or starch to provide a thin barrier of protection for your irritated skin
- Vasoconstrictors – constricting compounds, like Preparation H, that tighten the blood vessels and reduce swelling
- Steroids – cortisone-based ointments that provide relief from itching
- Local anaesthetics – topical agents that numb the affected area
- Astringents – typically calamine lotion or witch hazel applications to provide relief from itching by tightening and drying the skin
- Anti-inflammatories –non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAIDS), such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen to reduce swelling
While these over the counter treatments can provide some temporary relief from hemorrhoid symptoms, the only permanent cure for recurring symptoms is to treat the hemorrhoid itself.
Hemorrhoid Treatment with the CRH O’Regan System
Choosing the right hemorrhoid treatment for your circumstances can have you back to work, virtually pain-free, in a day or less. Hemorrhoid banding is an effective, long-term hemorrhoid treatment, and the CRH O’Regan system has patented a comfortable and gentle banding procedure that takes less than a minute to perform while providing a lifetime of relief.
The CRH O’Regan System is safer and more comfortable than alternative banding procedures. With this single-use, disposable device, the risk of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) is also eliminated.
Stop Suffering in Silence
If you’re ready to get away from the pain, irritation, and embarrassment of hemorrhoids, contact a physician near you, trained in the CRH O’Regan rubber band ligation procedure so they can provide you effective, long-lasting hemorrhoid relief. You’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner.
Share this Page
Posted on March 17, 2015 in Treatment
Find a Doctor
Search for a CRH O’Regan physician in your area.